It was July 5th, 2019 and the sun was out. The temperature was just right. The weather was perfect in Lebanon. It was the happiest day of our new optometrist’s life. She got married to the man of her dreams, in a traditional Lebanese wedding, surrounded by 450 of her closest family members and friends. Yes, 450.
We’d like to introduce you to Dr. Joyce Rached! Here is the beautiful bride and her handsome husband, Jabar.
This great couple has been together for 10 years - but married for less than a month. So, when you come visit our Mansfield office, make sure to give her a big congratulations! And make sure you ask her about her traditional Lebanese wedding. It wasn’t a one day event. It was a week long celebration filled with family, fun, and spectacular traditions. One involves dough. Another involves coins. And a third involves the groom’s family STEALING THE BRIDE! She has plenty of stories to share with you.
Here are some other fun facts we’d like you to know about Dr. Rached:
• Her first day is August, 5th
• Her interest in optometry was peaked when her grandfather was diagnosed with macular degeneration
• Dr. Rached has worn glasses and contacts since she was seven-years-old
• She loves to exercise
• She and her husband play indoor soccer (she’s played since 2nd grade)
• She loves to hike
• She has an older brother and younger sister
• Two days after her wedding, she became the godmother of her youngest niece
• Dr. Rached specializes in ocular diseases & specialty contact lenses
When asked why she wanted to join our team at BayState Eye Center, Dr. Rached said, “I had interviewed at several places, but I chose BayState Eye Center because of the people and their personalities. I got a great vibe from the clinic and I felt like I’d click instantly.”
We believe you’ll click instantly with Dr. Rached.
That’s one reason we’re excited to have her join our team.
Please say hello the next time you visit us!